Friday, March 23, 2012

Cozy feet make me happy

This is going to be another one of those short posts, where I give thanks for something and hope you give thanks for something too — be it on this blog, or in your head or by yelling out the window.

My short, non-writing blog posts as of late are due to the whole whack of novel writing I'm trying to get done by a deadline I've given myself which I will not share with you here.  Why? Because this deadline seems almost impossible to reach at the moment and putting the deadline out there in the world will only put more pressure on me to get it done.  I don't need more pressure.  I just need to get it done.  And I will.  I will!  (I hope).  Soon I'll tell you why I've given myself this deadline and hopefully when I do it will be because I've made it!

In the meantime, it's Friday, and though I feel grateful everyday, Friday is my favourite day to say thanks. This Friday, I'm saying thanks for a gift one of my best friend's got me a few years ago that I still wear almost every day.  That's these:
They were handmade by an Ojibwe woman living on a reserve somewhere in Ontario (I think Thunder Bay but I'm not sure).  The cuff is fox fur, the inside is sheep skin (I believe) and the outer part of the moccasins are made from hide that was stretched over a fire.  When I first got them they smelled like camp fire and this made them 100 times cooler.  All that beading is hand-stiched too.  I pretty much can't be inside my house without them.  They also remind me of the dear friend who gave them to me and there's nothing like a pair of shoes that keep your feet warm and your heart warm at the same time.

Grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment